There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a cosmetology program is Ogle School Hair Skin Nails, which is located in Arlington. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. 187 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Ogle School Hair Skin Nails in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a cosmetology program is Ogle School Hair Skin Nails, which is located in Dallas. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, Ogle School Hair Skin Nails graduated 183 students from its cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a cosmetology program is Ogle School Hair Skin Nails, which is located in Hurst. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, Ogle School Hair Skin Nails graduated 92 students from its cosmetology programs. The tuition rate at Ogle School Hair Skin Nails was $0 per year.
Cosmetology schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $1,060 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,950 per year, or as little as $1,007 per year. The Texas cosmetology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Remington College-Fort Worth Campus - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $19,950 per year
- Remington College-North Houston Campus - located in Houston, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Remington College-Houston Southeast - located in Webster, students are charged $14,745 per year
The cosmetology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- North Central Texas College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $1,104 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. 25,570 cosmetologists were working in Texas in 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of cosmetologists work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 7,010 cosmetologists
- Collin County - 5,600 cosmetologists
- Atascosa County - 2,640 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 49,000 cosmetologists working in the Texas then.
On average, a cosmetologist earns a salary of $25,690 per year in Texas state. However, Texas cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,470 per year to more than $58,070 per year in 2010. A cosmetologist in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Grayson County - $40,700 per year
- Collin County - $29,010 per year
- Aransas County - $27,860 per year
On average, cosmetologists earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Armstrong County - $16,680 per year
- Bee County - $18,020 per year
- Andrews County - $18,860 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Texas
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Texas
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||25,570||$25,690||20.4%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||1,620||$23,040||-34.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Texas