There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Texas
Each year, approximately 0.6% of Texas graduates receive certificates in dental assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 3,270 dental assistants graduate from Texas' 53 dental assistant schools.
Concorde Career Institute, which is located in Arlington, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. 125 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Concorde Career Institute in 2010.
The Academy of Health Care Professions, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Houston. 31 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from The Academy of Health Care Professions in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a dental assistant program is Platt College. Platt College, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Dallas. In 2010, Platt College graduated 22 students from its dental assistant programs. The tuition rate at Platt College was $0 per year.
Tuition at Texas' dental assistant schools ranges from $19,950 per year to $1,128 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,155 per year. In 2010, the following Texas dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Remington College-Fort Worth Campus - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $19,950 per year
- Computer Career Center a division of Vista College - located in El Paso, students are charged $18,563 per year
- Everest College-Fort Worth - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $15,263 per year
The dental assistant schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Grayson County College - located in Denison, students are charged $1,128 per year
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Texas go on to work as a dental assistant. 20,800 dental assistants were working in Texas in 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of dental assistants work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 5,940 dental assistants
- Collin County - 3,870 dental assistants
- Atascosa County - 1,970 dental assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 25,840 dental assistants will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of dental assistants to grow by 34%.
On average, dental assistants earn $31,800 per year. However, Texas dental assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,070 per year to more than $46,690 per year in 2010. A dental assistant in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collin County - $35,480 per year
- Bastrop County - $35,350 per year
- Johnson County - $35,130 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for dental assistants are:
- Brewster County - $24,250 per year
- Crosby County - $24,320 per year
- Andrews County - $24,420 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in dental assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Texas
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Texas
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||2,490||$31,650||11.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Texas