There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Texas!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Texas
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Texas receive early childhood education degrees every year. Thus, Texas' 76 early childhood education schools put out approximately 1,666 early childhood education professionals each year.
Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 52 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from Texas Christian University in 2010. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a early childhood education program is Texas Tech University, which is located in Lubbock. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 89 students graduated from Texas Tech University early childhood education program. Texas Tech University charged in-state students $6,970 in tuition fees per year.
Texas State University-San Marcos, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a early childhood education program. It is located in San Marcos. 0 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Texas State University-San Marcos charged in-state students $6,458 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas early childhood education school, average tuition will be $5,824 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,007 per year to $30,090 per year. The Texas early childhood education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Houston Baptist University - located in Houston, students are charged $23,180 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- North Central Texas College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $1,104 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Texas school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs early childhood education graduates in Texas pursue include kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. If you decide to work as an early childhood education professional in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 205,830 Texas early childhood education professional as of 2010. This number includes 25,130 preschool teachers, 14,210 kindergarten teachers, and 163,240 elementary school teachers. The Texas counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Austin County - 49,520 early childhood education professionals
- Collin County - 36,770 early childhood education professionals
- Johnson County - 18,120 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that the number of early childhood education professionals in Texas will grow by 31%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 289,570 early childhood education professionals working in Texas. The greatest growth for early childhood education professional is predicted to be amongst Elementary School Teachers, who are expected to increase by 38% by 2018.
early childhood education professionals in Texas earn $41,698 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Texas early childhood education professional earned as little as less than $15,470 per year or as much as more than $90,730 per year. Early childhood education professionals in the following Texas counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Irion County - $51,320 per year
- Hidalgo County - $47,250 per year
- Calhoun County - $44,837 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Midland County - $25,840 per year
- Ector County - $26,410 per year
- Armstrong County - $34,637 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Texas were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $51,090 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $48,430 per year
- Preschool Director - $38,210 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Texas were:
- Preschool Director - $38,210 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $29,060 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Texas
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Early Childhood Education in Texas
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Texas
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||163,240||$51,090||29.2%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||25,130||$29,060||-0.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||14,210||$48,430||10.1%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||3,250||$38,210||-9.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Texas