There are schools offering ESL classes in Texas!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Texas
The University of Texas-Pan American, which is located in Edinburg, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with a degree in ESL from The University of Texas-Pan American in 2010. Students at The University of Texas-Pan American paid $4,795 per year in tuition fees.
The University of Texas at San Antonio, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a ESL program. It is located in San Antonio. 10 students graduated with degree in ESL from The University of Texas at San Antonio in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at San Antonio was $6,718 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a ESL program is Texas A & M University-Kingsville. Texas A & M University-Kingsville, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Kingsville. Students at Texas A & M University-Kingsville paid $6,346 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Texas' ESL schools ranges from $19,950 per year to $4,795 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,677 per year. In 2010, the ESL schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Howard Payne University - located in Brownwood, students are charged $19,950 per year
- Dallas Baptist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $18,690 per year
- The University of Texas at Arlington - located in Arlington, students are charged $8,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- The University of Texas-Pan American - located in Edinburg, students are charged $4,795 per year
- The University of Texas at Brownsville - located in Brownsville, students are charged $5,109 per year
- Texas A & M University-Kingsville - located in Kingsville, students are charged $6,346 per year
An ESL degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of ESL graduates in Texas pursue careers as an english language teacher. In 2010, there were 5,340 english language teachers working in Texas. In Texas, the largest numbers of english language teachers work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 1,120 english language teachers
- Collin County - 770 english language teachers
- Atascosa County - 520 english language teachers
On average, english language teachers earn $63,430 per year. But, salaries for english language teachers can vary. In 2010, english language teachers made as little as less than $16,800 per year or as much as more than $117,870 per year in Texas. An english language teacher in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Andrews County - $72,850 per year
- McLennan County - $69,370 per year
- Austin County - $68,800 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for english language teachers are:
- Atascosa County - $42,560 per year
- Cooke County - $43,250 per year
- Collin County - $44,290 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Texas
- Master's Degree in Esl in Texas
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||14,210||$48,430||10.1%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||5,340||$63,430||25.6%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||4,480||$44,480||12.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Texas