There are schools offering fashion merchandising degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Fashion Merchandising Programs in Texas
Around 0.1% of Texas's graduates graduate from fashion merchandising degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 451 fashion merchandisers graduate from Texas' 11 fashion merchandising schools.
Texas Christian University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a fashion merchandising program. It is located in Fort Worth. 50 students graduated with a degree in fashion merchandising from Texas Christian University in 2010. Students at Texas Christian University paid $30,090 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a fashion merchandising program is Texas Tech University. Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lubbock. 39 students graduated with degree in fashion merchandising from Texas Tech University in 2010. Students at Texas Tech University paid $6,970 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a fashion merchandising program is Texas State University-San Marcos. Texas State University-San Marcos, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in San Marcos. 88 students graduated with degree in fashion merchandising from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas State University-San Marcos was $6,458 per year.
Fashion merchandising schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $10,973 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,090 per year, or as little as $1,200 per year. The Texas fashion merchandising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Northwood University - located in Cedar Hill, students are charged $19,272 per year
The fashion merchandising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
- Texas Woman's University - located in Denton, students are charged $5,428 per year
A fashion merchandising degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas fashion merchandising graduates become fashion merchandisers. In 2010, there were 4,240 fashion merchandisers working in Texas. The largest populations of Texas fashion merchandisers are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 1,320 fashion merchandisers
- Collin County - 1,190 fashion merchandisers
- Johnson County - 520 fashion merchandisers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of fashion merchandisers in the state of Texas will grow to 4,810. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
On average, a fashion merchandiser earns a salary of $108,870 per year in Texas state. But, salaries for fashion merchandisers can vary. In 2010, fashion merchandisers made as little as less than $46,000 per year or as much as more than $156,760 per year in Texas. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for fashion merchandisers:
- Bastrop County - $122,910 per year
- Bee County - $119,980 per year
- Collin County - $117,640 per year
A fashion merchandiser in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bell County - $78,700 per year
- El Paso County - $88,670 per year
- Anderson County - $90,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in fashion merchandising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Texas
- Certificate in Fashion Merchandising in Texas
Curious what studying Fashion Merchandising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||119,770||$51,420||5.5%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||23,340||$60,170||31.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion merchandising related jobs in Texas