There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Austin. 227 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. The University of Texas at Austin charged in-state students $9,418 in tuition fees per year.
Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas Christian University graduated 145 students from its forensic nursing program. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
Hardin-Simmons University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Abilene. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Hardin-Simmons University forensic nursing program. The tuition rate at Hardin-Simmons University was $20,990 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' forensic nursing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,002 per year, though tuition can range from $30,090 per year to $1,007 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Houston Baptist University - located in Houston, students are charged $23,180 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic nursing graduates in Texas pursue careers as a forensic nurse. If you decide to work as a forensic nurse in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 790 Texas forensic nurses as of 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of forensic nurses are:
- Austin County - 330 forensic nurses
- Atascosa County - 160 forensic nurses
- Collin County - 90 forensic nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,400 forensic nurses will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of forensic nurses to grow by 21%.
On average, a forensic nurse earns a salary of $64,180 per year in Texas state. However, this number is only an average. forensic nurses in Texas had varying salaries from $15,870 to $125,710 per year in 2010. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Johnson County - $83,070 per year
- Atascosa County - $78,070 per year
- Collin County - $64,370 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Austin County - $53,880 per year
- Bastrop County - $61,810 per year
- Collin County - $64,370 per year
For more data regarding a career in forensic nursing in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Texas
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Texas
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Texas
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||18,640||$90,070||10.5%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,030||$45,510||77.6%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||790||$64,180||-88.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Texas