There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Texas
Texas A & M University, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a graphic design program. It is located in College Station. 27 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Texas A & M University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a graphic design program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 13 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Texas Christian University in 2010. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a graphic design program is Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 118 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Students at Texas State University-San Marcos paid $6,458 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Texas graphic design school, average tuition will be $10,648 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,200 per year to $30,090 per year. In 2010, the following Texas graphic design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Saint Edward's University - located in Austin, students are charged $26,484 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The graphic design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- North Lake College - located in Irving, students are charged $1,230 per year
A graphic design degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Texas pursue careers as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 11,020 Texas graphic designers as of 2010. The largest populations of Texas graphic designers are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 2,750 graphic designers
- Collin County - 2,710 graphic designers
- Bastrop County - 1,410 graphic designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 17,510 graphic designers will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of graphic designers to grow by 13%.
A graphic designer in Texas makes an average of $44,590 per year. But, salaries for graphic designers can vary. In 2010, graphic designers made as little as less than $16,920 per year or as much as more than $78,460 per year in Texas. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Bastrop County - $51,150 per year
- Collin County - $49,640 per year
- Austin County - $45,480 per year
On average, graphic designers earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Bee County - $26,880 per year
- Cameron County - $28,410 per year
- Cooke County - $28,660 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Texas
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Texas
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Texas
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Texas