There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Texas
Around 0.2% of Texas's graduates graduate from healthcare administration degree programs every year. That means an estimated 966 healthcare administrators graduate from Texas' 44 healthcare administration schools each year.
The University of Texas at Dallas, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Richardson. 28 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2010. Tuition at The University of Texas at Dallas was $9,886 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a healthcare administration program is Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 94 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Students at Texas State University-San Marcos paid $6,458 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a healthcare administration program is Saint Edward's University, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Saint Edward's University in 2010. The tuition rate at Saint Edward's University was $26,484 per year.
Tuition at Texas' healthcare administration schools ranges from $29,884 per year to $1,464 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,108 per year. In 2010, the following Texas healthcare administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Saint Edward's University - located in Austin, students are charged $26,484 per year
- Houston Baptist University - located in Houston, students are charged $23,180 per year
The following Texas healthcare administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Panola College - located in Carthage, students are charged $1,464 per year
- Blinn College - located in Brenham, students are charged $1,560 per year
- Northwest Vista College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $1,562 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare administration graduates in Texas pursue careers as a healthcare administrator. If you decide to work as a healthcare administrator in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 18,640 Texas healthcare administrators as of 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of healthcare administrators work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 4,640 healthcare administrators
- Collin County - 4,140 healthcare administrators
- Johnson County - 1,500 healthcare administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare administrators in the state of Texas will grow to 25,670. This would require a 24% growth in the profession.
On average, healthcare administrators earn $90,070 per year. But, salaries for healthcare administrators can vary. In 2010, healthcare administrators made as little as less than $33,420 per year or as much as more than $157,190 per year in Texas. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a healthcare administrator are:
- Austin County - $97,790 per year
- Collin County - $96,100 per year
- Armstrong County - $94,110 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare administrators are:
- Bee County - $67,590 per year
- Brewster County - $71,200 per year
- McLennan County - $71,780 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Texas
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Texas
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Texas
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||18,640||$90,070||10.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Texas