There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Texas
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Texas receive healthcare management degrees every year. That means an estimated 124 healthcare managers graduate from Texas' 17 healthcare management schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a healthcare management program is Texas State University-San Marcos. Texas State University-San Marcos, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in San Marcos. 31 students graduated with a degree in healthcare management from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Texas State University-San Marcos charged in-state students $6,458 in tuition fees per year.
Texas Southern University, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a healthcare management program. It is located in Houston. In 2010, Texas Southern University graduated 6 students from its healthcare management program. Students at Texas Southern University paid $7,360 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a healthcare management program is The Academy of Health Care Professions. The Academy of Health Care Professions, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Houston. 26 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from The Academy of Health Care Professions in 2010. Tuition at The Academy of Health Care Professions was $0 per year.
Tuition at Texas' healthcare management schools ranges from $30,015 per year to $1,200 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,157 per year. In 2010, the following Texas healthcare management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Trinity University - located in San Antonio, students are charged $30,015 per year
- Southwest Career College - located in El Paso, students are charged $12,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Austin Campus - located in Austin, students are charged $11,640 per year
The healthcare management schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- St. Philip's College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $1,562 per year
- Del Mar College - located in Corpus Christi, students are charged $1,978 per year
A healthcare management degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare management school in Texas go on to work as a healthcare manager. In 2010, there were 18,640 healthcare managers working in Texas. The largest populations of Texas healthcare managers are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 4,640 healthcare managers
- Collin County - 4,140 healthcare managers
- Johnson County - 1,500 healthcare managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 25,670 healthcare managers will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of healthcare managers to grow by 24%.
A healthcare manager in Texas earns $90,070 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Texas healthcare managers earned as little as less than $33,420 per year or as much as more than $157,190 per year. On average a healthcare manager earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Austin County - $97,790 per year
- Collin County - $96,100 per year
- Armstrong County - $94,110 per year
On average, healthcare managers earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Bee County - $67,590 per year
- Brewster County - $71,200 per year
- McLennan County - $71,780 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in healthcare management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or business management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Texas
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Management in Texas
- Certificate in Healthcare Management in Texas
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||18,640||$90,070||10.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Texas