There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a hospitality program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, Texas A & M University graduated 70 students from its hospitality program. Tuition at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
Texas Tech University, which is located in Lubbock, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas Tech University graduated 7 students from its hospitality program. Tuition at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a hospitality program is University of Dallas. University of Dallas, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Irving. University of Dallas charged in-state students $29,463 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' hospitality schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,168 per year, though tuition can range from $29,463 per year to $1,024 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Dallas - located in Irving, students are charged $29,463 per year
- Westwood College-Dallas - located in Dallas, students are charged $13,825 per year
- Westwood College-Ft Worth - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $13,825 per year
The following Texas hospitality schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
A hospitality degree from a Texas school... what next?
Many Texas hospitality graduates become a restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. 186,510 hospitality professionals were working in Texas in 2010. Of these, 1,690 were hotel managers. In addition, 17,710 were restaurant managers, and 5,360 were sous chefs. The following counties have the largest number of Texas hospitality professionals:
- Austin County - 41,770 hospitality professionals
- Collin County - 36,430 hospitality professionals
- Atascosa County - 16,350 hospitality professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 236,330 hospitality professionals will be working in Texas. This would require the number of hospitality professional to grow by 18%.
hospitality professionals in Texas make an average of $31,776 per year. However, this number is only an average. Hospitality professional in Texas had varying salaries from $15,270 to $129,530 per year in 2010. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for hospitality professionals:
- Austin County - $34,344 per year
- Collin County - $34,266 per year
- Johnson County - $33,300 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for hospitality professional:
- Grayson County - $22,326 per year
- Webb County - $22,328 per year
- Gregg County - $22,802 per year
The hospitality professionals with highest average salaries in Texas were:
- Hotel Manager - $56,370 per year
- Restaurant Manager - $48,660 per year
- Sous Chef - $40,440 per year
On average, the lowest paid hospitality professionals in Texas were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $18,950 per year
- Pizza Maker - $17,720 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in hospitality. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Texas
- Master's Degree in Hospitality in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Hospitality in Texas
- Certificate in Hospitality in Texas
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Fast Food||40,920||$17,720||49.7%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||35,200||$20,760||21.3%|
|Food Service Managers||17,710||$48,660||8.2%|
|Cooks, Short Order||14,220||$18,950||-6.4%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||5,360||$40,440||-11.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Texas