There are schools offering international business degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Texas
Around 0.2% of Texas's graduates graduate from international business degree programs every year. Thus, Texas' 51 international business schools put out approximately 1,091 international business professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a international business program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, 130 students graduated from Texas A & M University's international business program. Tuition at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a international business program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Texas Christian University international business program. Students at Texas Christian University paid $30,090 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Tech University, which is located in Lubbock, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Texas Tech University international business program. Texas Tech University charged in-state students $6,970 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas international business school, average tuition will be $13,586 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,086 per year to $37,230 per year. In 2010, the international business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Southwestern University - located in Georgetown, students are charged $31,630 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
The international business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- Richland College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,230 per year
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
An international business degree from a Texas school... what next?
Many Texas international business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. In 2010, there were 236,940 international business professional working in Texas, including 29,370 business analysts, 15,000 chief executive officers, and 155,180 operations managers. In Texas, the largest numbers of international business professional work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 64,000 international business professionals
- Collin County - 58,140 international business professionals
- Johnson County - 18,240 international business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of international business professionals is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 280,000 international business professionals working in Texas then. Of these 280,000 international business professionals, the government predicts that 60,370 will be business analysts, 19,080 will be chief executive officers, and 159,070 will be operations managers.
On average, international business professionals earn $92,713 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas international business professional earned as little as less than $15,940 per year or as much as more than $166,090 per year. On average international business professional earn the most in the following Texas counties:
- Bastrop County - $111,066 per year
- Austin County - $98,847 per year
- Collin County - $96,707 per year
International business professionals in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Andrews County - $63,578 per year
- Blanco County - $68,310 per year
- Cameron County - $71,268 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in Texas were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $174,880 per year
- Operations Manager - $111,110 per year
- Business Professor - $96,600 per year
The international business professionals with lowest average salaries in Texas were:
- Purchasing Agent - $60,170 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - $57,730 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in international business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in International Business in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Texas
- Master's Degree in International Business in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in International Business in Texas
- Certificate in International Business in Texas
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||155,180||$111,110||-3.0%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||23,340||$60,170||31.2%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||8,090||$57,730||-14.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||5,630||$96,600||35.3%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||330||$60,650||-26.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Texas