There are schools offering LPN programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a LPN program is Schreiner University, which is located in Kerrville. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, Schreiner University graduated no students from its LPN program. Tuition at Schreiner University was $19,548 per year.
Concorde Career Institute, which is located in Arlington, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Concorde Career Institute graduated 249 students from its LPN program.
Dallas Nursing Institute, which is located in Dallas, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. 332 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Dallas Nursing Institute in 2010. Dallas Nursing Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Lpn schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $2,686 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,548 per year, or as little as $1,007 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas LPN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Schreiner University - located in Kerrville, students are charged $19,548 per year
- Computer Career Center a division of Vista College - located in El Paso, students are charged $18,563 per year
- Career Point College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $17,918 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas LPN schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- North Central Texas College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $1,104 per year
A LPN certificate from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas LPN graduates become licensed practical nurses. If you decide to work as a licensed practical nurse in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 70,630 Texas licensed practical nurses as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas licensed practical nurses:
- Austin County - 12,420 licensed practical nurses
- Collin County - 10,970 licensed practical nurses
- Atascosa County - 6,970 licensed practical nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed practical nurses is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 82,730 licensed practical nurses working in the Texas then.
A licensed practical nurse in Texas makes an average of $41,720 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas licensed practical nurses earned as little as less than $25,480 per year or as much as more than $63,420 per year. A licensed practical nurse in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collin County - $48,190 per year
- Hidalgo County - $45,400 per year
- Cameron County - $44,270 per year
On average, licensed practical nurses earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Miller County - $33,640 per year
- Andrews County - $34,660 per year
- Archer County - $35,080 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Texas
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||70,630||$41,720||8.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Texas