There are schools offering LVN programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a LVN program is Schreiner University. Schreiner University, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Kerrville. In 2010, no students graduated from Schreiner University's LVN program. Tuition at Schreiner University was $19,548 per year.
Concorde Career Institute, which is located in Arlington, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. 249 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Concorde Career Institute in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a LVN program is Dallas Nursing Institute. Dallas Nursing Institute, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Dallas. In 2010, Dallas Nursing Institute graduated 332 students from its LVN programs. Dallas Nursing Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Texas' LVN schools ranges from $19,548 per year to $1,007 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,686 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Schreiner University - located in Kerrville, students are charged $19,548 per year
- Computer Career Center a division of Vista College - located in El Paso, students are charged $18,563 per year
- Career Point College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $17,918 per year
The LVN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- North Central Texas College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $1,104 per year
A LVN certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LVN school in Texas go on to work as a licensed vocational nurse. Texas had 70,630 licensed vocational nurses in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas licensed vocational nurses:
- Austin County - 12,420 licensed vocational nurses
- Collin County - 10,970 licensed vocational nurses
- Atascosa County - 6,970 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed vocational nurses in Texas will grow by 26%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 82,730 licensed vocational nurses working in Texas.
On average, a licensed vocational nurse earns a salary of $41,720 per year in Texas state. However, Texas licensed vocational nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,480 per year to more than $63,420 per year in 2010. On average a licensed vocational nurse earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Collin County - $48,190 per year
- Hidalgo County - $45,400 per year
- Cameron County - $44,270 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for licensed vocational nurses are:
- Miller County - $33,640 per year
- Andrews County - $34,660 per year
- Archer County - $35,080 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Texas
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||70,630||$41,720||8.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Texas