There are schools offering management courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a management program. It is located in Austin. In 2010, 87 students graduated from The University of Texas at Austin's management program. Tuition at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
Rice University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a management program. It is located in Houston. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Rice University management program. Students at Rice University paid $33,771 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a management program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 327 students graduated with degree in management from Texas A & M University in 2010. Texas A & M University charged in-state students $8,387 in tuition fees per year.
Management schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $9,206 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,771 per year, or as little as $1,007 per year. In 2010, the management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Trinity University - located in San Antonio, students are charged $30,015 per year
The management schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Kilgore College - located in Kilgore, students are charged $1,176 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
A management degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas management graduates become managers. 155,180 managers were working in Texas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas managers:
- Austin County - 42,780 managers
- Collin County - 35,210 managers
- Johnson County - 11,950 managers
The government projects that the number of managers in Texas will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 159,070 managers working in Texas.
A manager in Texas makes an average of $111,110 per year. But, salaries for managers can vary. In 2010, managers made as little as less than $19,420 per year or as much as more than $166,090 per year in Texas. A manager in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collin County - $123,850 per year
- Austin County - $119,730 per year
- Bastrop County - $114,560 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for managers:
- Bell County - $78,680 per year
- Brewster County - $81,070 per year
- Cooke County - $81,660 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Texas
- Master's Degree in Management in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Texas
- Certificate in Management in Texas
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||155,180||$111,110||-3.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||102,500||$39,820||11.8%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||18,640||$90,070||10.5%|
|Food Service Managers||17,710||$48,660||8.2%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||13,550||$52,970||-15.1%|
|Managers, All Other||12,990||$111,010||0.0%|
|Industrial Production Managers||11,240||$116,630||-2.5%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||2,670||$104,430||9.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Texas