There are schools offering medical coding classess in Texas!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Texas
Concorde Career Institute, which is located in Arlington, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Concorde Career Institute graduated 85 students from its medical coding program.
The Academy of Health Care Professions, which is located in San Antonio, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, The Academy of Health Care Professions graduated 64 students from its medical coding program.
The Academy of Health Care Professions, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a medical coding program. It is located in Houston. In 2010, The Academy of Health Care Professions graduated 17 students from its medical coding programs. The Academy of Health Care Professions charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Medical coding schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $4,817 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $25,782 per year, or as little as $1,007 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas medical coding schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Houston, students are charged $25,782 per year
- Remington College-Fort Worth Campus - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $19,950 per year
- Everest College-Arlington - located in Arlington, students are charged $17,307 per year
The medical coding schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Texas pursue careers as a medical coder. 14,710 medical coders were working in Texas in 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of medical coders work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 3,270 medical coders
- Collin County - 2,570 medical coders
- Atascosa County - 1,840 medical coders
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical coders is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 16,520 medical coders working in the Texas then.
A medical coder in Texas makes an average of $34,420 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical coders in Texas had varying salaries from $15,760 to $67,780 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a medical coder are:
- Atascosa County - $40,380 per year
- Austin County - $37,220 per year
- Bell County - $36,670 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for medical coders:
- Webb County - $23,310 per year
- Brewster County - $24,520 per year
- Hidalgo County - $25,290 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Texas
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||14,710||$34,420||67.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Texas