There are schools offering medical transcription training in Texas!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Texas
Around 0.0% of Texas's graduates graduate from medical transcription certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 57 medical transcriptionists graduate from Texas' 19 medical transcription schools.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a medical transcription program is American Commercial College, which is located in Lubbock. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 2 students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from American Commercial College in 2010.
American Commercial College, which is located in San Angelo, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a medical transcription program is Texas State Technical College-West Texas, which is located in Sweetwater. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Texas State Technical College-West Texas medical transcription program. The tuition rate at Texas State Technical College-West Texas was $4,068 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' medical transcription schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,507 per year, though tuition can range from $5,205 per year to $1,007 per year. In 2010, the medical transcription schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Texas State Technical College Harlingen - located in Harlingen, students are charged $5,205 per year
- Texas State Technical College-West Texas - located in Sweetwater, students are charged $4,068 per year
- Vernon College - located in Vernon, students are charged $2,610 per year
The following Texas medical transcription schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical transcription graduates in Texas pursue careers as a medical transcriptionist. If you decide to work as a medical transcriptionist in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,280 Texas medical transcriptionists as of 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of medical transcriptionists work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 950 medical transcriptionists
- Collin County - 730 medical transcriptionists
- Atascosa County - 520 medical transcriptionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow by 17% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,420 medical transcriptionists working in the Texas then.
A medical transcriptionist in Texas earns $33,220 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Texas medical transcriptionists earned as little as less than $18,150 per year or as much as more than $47,440 per year. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for medical transcriptionists:
- Johnson County - $40,090 per year
- Bastrop County - $38,050 per year
- Collin County - $36,340 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for medical transcriptionists are:
- Andrews County - $24,140 per year
- Anderson County - $26,480 per year
- Crosby County - $28,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in medical transcription and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Texas
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Texas