There are schools offering ministry degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Ministry Programs in Texas
LeTourneau University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a ministry program. It is located in Longview. 5 students graduated with a degree in ministry from LeTourneau University in 2010. LeTourneau University charged in-state students $21,980 in tuition fees per year.
Hardin-Simmons University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a ministry program. It is located in Abilene. In 2010, Hardin-Simmons University graduated 1 students from its ministry program. The tuition rate at Hardin-Simmons University was $20,990 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a ministry program is University of St Thomas, which is located in Houston. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. In 2010, 13 students graduated from University of St Thomas ministry program. The tuition rate at University of St Thomas was $23,500 per year.
Tuition at Texas' ministry schools ranges from $37,230 per year to $14,830 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,347 per year. The Texas ministry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- University of St Thomas - located in Houston, students are charged $23,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas ministry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University - located in Waxahachie, students are charged $14,830 per year
- Lubbock Christian University - located in Lubbock, students are charged $16,180 per year
- Dallas Baptist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $18,690 per year
A ministry degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas ministry graduates become ministers. 1,670 ministers were working in Texas in 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of ministers are:
- Austin County - 320 ministers
- Collin County - 290 ministers
- Johnson County - 210 ministers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 51,560 ministers will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of ministers to grow by 18%.
A minister in Texas makes an average of $44,380 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas ministers earned as little as less than $15,810 per year or as much as more than $82,410 per year. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for ministers:
- McLennan County - $52,890 per year
- Blanco County - $50,390 per year
- Bastrop County - $49,130 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for ministers are:
- Callahan County - $29,790 per year
- Anderson County - $40,340 per year
- Collin County - $41,320 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in ministry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as christian counseling or theology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ministry in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Ministry in Texas
- Master's Degree in Ministry in Texas
Curious what studying Ministry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||380||$52,250||40.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ministry related jobs in Texas