There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a nutrition program is The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. In 2010, 136 students graduated from The University of Texas at Austin's nutrition program. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a nutrition program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 177 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Texas A & M University in 2010. Students at Texas A & M University paid $8,387 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a nutrition program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Texas Christian University nutrition program. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
Nutrition schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $9,993 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,090 per year, or as little as $1,200 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The nutrition schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- San Jacinto Community College - located in Pasadena, students are charged $1,410 per year
- The University of Texas-Pan American - located in Edinburg, students are charged $4,795 per year
A nutrition degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of nutrition graduates in Texas pursue careers as a nutritionist. In 2010, there were 3,320 nutritionists working in Texas. The following counties have the largest number of Texas nutritionists:
- Austin County - 700 nutritionists
- Collin County - 610 nutritionists
- Atascosa County - 360 nutritionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nutritionists is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,990 nutritionists working in the Texas then.
A nutritionist in Texas makes an average of $53,100 per year. However, Texas nutritionists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,170 per year to more than $125,650 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a nutritionist are:
- Armstrong County - $66,780 per year
- Webb County - $62,530 per year
- Bastrop County - $62,250 per year
A nutritionist in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Andrews County - $41,300 per year
- Anderson County - $42,900 per year
- Aransas County - $45,220 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in nutrition and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Texas
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Texas
- Certificate in Nutrition in Texas
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||3,320||$53,100||32.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Texas