There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Texas
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Texas students graduate with degrees in occupational therapy. That means an estimated 407 occupational therapists graduate from Texas' 17 occupational therapy schools each year.
Texas Woman's University, which is located in Denton, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 129 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Texas Woman's University in 2010. Tuition at Texas Woman's University was $5,428 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a occupational therapy program is The University of Texas-Pan American, which is located in Edinburg. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. In 2010, 19 students graduated from The University of Texas-Pan American occupational therapy program. The tuition rate at The University of Texas-Pan American was $4,795 per year.
The University of Texas at El Paso, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in El Paso. In 2010, The University of Texas at El Paso graduated 8 students from its occupational therapy programs. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at El Paso was $8,020 per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas occupational therapy school, average tuition will be $2,440 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,200 per year to $8,020 per year. In 2010, the occupational therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- The University of Texas at El Paso - located in El Paso, students are charged $8,020 per year
- Texas Woman's University - located in Denton, students are charged $5,428 per year
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio - located in San Antonio, students are charged $4,979 per year
The following Texas occupational therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
- Panola College - located in Carthage, students are charged $1,464 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Texas go on to work as an occupational therapist. 7,280 occupational therapists were working in Texas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas occupational therapists:
- Collin County - 2,240 occupational therapists
- Austin County - 1,550 occupational therapists
- Atascosa County - 600 occupational therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of occupational therapists is expected to grow by 34% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,130 occupational therapists working in the Texas then.
On average, an occupational therapist earns a salary of $81,800 per year in Texas state. In 2010, however, some Texas occupational therapists earned as little as less than $31,870 per year or as much as more than $160,160 per year. An occupational therapist in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Grayson County - $92,680 per year
- Gregg County - $90,070 per year
- Hardin County - $89,690 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for occupational therapists are:
- Bee County - $62,380 per year
- Crosby County - $69,480 per year
- Bastrop County - $70,700 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Texas
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Texas
- Certificate in Occupational Therapy in Texas
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,950||$62,410||22.6%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||550||$24,780||266.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Texas