There are schools offering personal training certifications in Texas!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a personal training program. It is located in Austin. In 2010, 4 students graduated from The University of Texas at Austin's personal training program. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a personal training program is Texas Christian University. Texas Christian University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Worth. 6 students graduated with degree in personal training from Texas Christian University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas Christian University was $30,090 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a personal training program is Texas State University-San Marcos. Texas State University-San Marcos, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in San Marcos. 19 students graduated with degree in personal training from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Students at Texas State University-San Marcos paid $6,458 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Texas personal training school, average tuition will be $12,405 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,000 per year to $30,090 per year. In 2010, the following Texas personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Houston Baptist University - located in Houston, students are charged $23,180 per year
The personal training schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Tyler Junior College - located in Tyler, students are charged $2,000 per year
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin - located in Odessa, students are charged $4,900 per year
- Texas Woman's University - located in Denton, students are charged $5,428 per year
A personal training degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Texas go on to work as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 13,560 Texas personal trainers as of 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Collin County - 3,190 personal trainers
- Austin County - 2,840 personal trainers
- Bastrop County - 2,360 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Texas will grow to 19,210. This would require a 32% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in Texas makes an average of $36,770 per year. However, this number is only an average. personal trainers in Texas had varying salaries from $15,360 to $68,690 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a personal trainer are:
- Collin County - $44,900 per year
- Austin County - $41,920 per year
- Bastrop County - $37,750 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Andrews County - $18,080 per year
- Webb County - $19,920 per year
- Cooke County - $20,200 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Texas
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Texas
- Certificate in Personal Training in Texas
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||13,560||$36,770||46.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Texas