There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Texas
Around 0.4% of Texas's graduates graduate from pharmacy technician training certificate programs every year. Thus, Texas' 54 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 2,232 pharmacy technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a pharmacy technician program is Platt College. Platt College, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Dallas. In 2010, 36 students graduated from Platt College's pharmacy technician program.
Southern Careers Institute Inc-San Antonio, which is located in San Antonio, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 79 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Southern Careers Institute Inc-San Antonio in 2010.
Iverson Business School and Court Reporting, which is located in Arlington, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Iverson Business School and Court Reporting pharmacy technician program. The tuition rate at Iverson Business School and Court Reporting was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas pharmacy technician school, average tuition will be $3,699 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,007 per year to $25,782 per year. In 2010, the pharmacy technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Houston, students are charged $25,782 per year
- Remington College-Fort Worth Campus - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $19,950 per year
- Everest College-Arlington - located in Arlington, students are charged $17,307 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Texas go on to work as a pharmacy technician. If you decide to work as a pharmacy technician in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 27,860 Texas pharmacy technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Texas pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 6,820 pharmacy technicians
- Collin County - 4,880 pharmacy technicians
- Atascosa County - 2,660 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in Texas will grow by 34%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 37,110 pharmacy technicians working in Texas.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $29,920 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas pharmacy technicians earned as little as less than $18,140 per year or as much as more than $41,050 per year. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Collin County - $31,390 per year
- Bastrop County - $31,010 per year
- Johnson County - $30,890 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Brewster County - $24,780 per year
- Blanco County - $26,320 per year
- Smith County - $27,280 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Texas
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Texas
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Texas