There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Texas
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Texas receive physical therapy assisting degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 262 physical therapy assistants graduate from Texas' 18 physical therapy assistant schools.
Western Technical College, which is located in El Paso, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Western Technical College graduated no students from its physical therapy assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a physical therapy assistant program is Laredo Community College. Laredo Community College, which was ranked 84th in the country in 2010, is located in Laredo. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Laredo Community College physical therapy assistant program. Laredo Community College charged in-state students $2,076 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a physical therapy assistant program is Houston Community College, which is located in Houston. In 2010, it was ranked 84th nationwide. 27 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Houston Community College in 2010. Houston Community College charged in-state students $1,394 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Texas' physical therapy assistant schools ranges from $2,364 per year to $1,176 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,569 per year. In 2010, the physical therapy assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- South Texas College - located in Mcallen, students are charged $2,364 per year
- McLennan Community College - located in Waco, students are charged $2,102 per year
- Laredo Community College - located in Laredo, students are charged $2,076 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas physical therapy assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Kilgore College - located in Kilgore, students are charged $1,176 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in Texas go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. In 2010, there were 4,250 physical therapy assistants working in Texas. The Texas counties with the largest populations of physical therapy assistants are:
- Austin County - 1,090 physical therapy assistants
- Collin County - 780 physical therapy assistants
- Atascosa County - 340 physical therapy assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,390 physical therapy assistants will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of physical therapy assistants to grow by 38%.
A physical therapy assistant in Texas makes an average of $62,440 per year. However, Texas physical therapy assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,410 per year to more than $130,780 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a physical therapy assistant are:
- Hidalgo County - $79,630 per year
- Grayson County - $79,130 per year
- Gregg County - $77,320 per year
A physical therapy assistant in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Crosby County - $44,570 per year
- Bastrop County - $49,320 per year
- Cooke County - $49,550 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy assisting in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Texas
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Aides||4,410||$22,460||21.8%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||4,250||$62,440||9.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Texas