There are schools offering risk management degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Risk Management Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a risk management program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in risk management from Texas Christian University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas Christian University was $30,090 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a risk management program is The University of Texas at Dallas, which is located in Richardson. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, The University of Texas at Dallas graduated 0 students from its risk management program. Students at The University of Texas at Dallas paid $9,886 per year in tuition fees.
The University of Texas at San Antonio, which is located in San Antonio, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a risk management program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 11 students graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio risk management program. The University of Texas at San Antonio charged in-state students $6,718 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Texas' risk management schools ranges from $37,230 per year to $4,604 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,715 per year. The Texas risk management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
The risk management schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Houston-Downtown - located in Houston, students are charged $4,604 per year
- The University of Texas at San Antonio - located in San Antonio, students are charged $6,718 per year
- University of North Texas - located in Denton, students are charged $7,306 per year
A risk management degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas risk management graduates become risk managers. In 2010, there were 7,560 risk managers working in Texas. The following counties have the largest number of Texas risk managers:
- Collin County - 2,110 risk managers
- Austin County - 1,410 risk managers
- Bastrop County - 980 risk managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of risk managers is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,290 risk managers working in the Texas then.
A risk manager in Texas makes an average of $61,990 per year. But, salaries for risk managers can vary. In 2010, risk managers made as little as less than $17,390 per year or as much as more than $124,690 per year in Texas. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for risk managers:
- Collin County - $69,310 per year
- Atascosa County - $65,920 per year
- Austin County - $64,670 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for risk managers are:
- Anderson County - $36,480 per year
- Hidalgo County - $37,080 per year
- Cameron County - $38,090 per year
For more data regarding a career in risk management in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management in Texas
- Certificate in Risk Management in Texas
Curious what studying Risk Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||7,560||$61,990||39.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are risk management related jobs in Texas