There are schools offering school psychology programs in Texas!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 11th in the country in 2010. In 2010, The University of Texas at Austin graduated 67 students from its school psychology program. Tuition at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a school psychology program is Texas A & M University. Texas A & M University, which was ranked 15th in the country in 2010, is located in College Station. In 2010, 58 students graduated from Texas A & M University school psychology program. Students at Texas A & M University paid $8,387 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Tech University, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a school psychology program. It is located in Lubbock. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Texas Tech University school psychology program. Tuition at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
School psychology schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $11,049 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,015 per year, or as little as $4,467 per year. In 2010, the following Texas school psychology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Trinity University - located in San Antonio, students are charged $30,015 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas school psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Texas A & M University-Texarkana - located in Texarkana, students are charged $4,467 per year
- The University of Texas-Pan American - located in Edinburg, students are charged $4,795 per year
- Tarleton State University - located in Stephenville, students are charged $5,195 per year
A school psychology degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas school psychology graduates become school psychologists. Texas had 5,710 school psychologists in 2010. The largest populations of Texas school psychologists are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 1,180 school psychologists
- Collin County - 1,030 school psychologists
- Bastrop County - 620 school psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 9,690 school psychologists will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of school psychologists to grow by 21%.
A school psychologist in Texas earns $64,510 per year on average. But, salaries for school psychologists can vary. In 2010, school psychologists made as little as less than $25,260 per year or as much as more than $123,150 per year in Texas. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a school psychologist are:
- Johnson County - $86,840 per year
- El Paso County - $77,530 per year
- Hidalgo County - $74,570 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for school psychologists are:
- Brazos County - $41,830 per year
- McLennan County - $46,970 per year
- Cameron County - $48,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in school psychology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in Texas
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||5,710||$64,510||22.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in Texas