There are schools offering sociology degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a sociology program is The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. 189 students graduated with a degree in sociology from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. The University of Texas at Austin charged in-state students $9,418 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a sociology program is Rice University, which is located in Houston. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 14 students graduated with degree in sociology from Rice University in 2010. The tuition rate at Rice University was $33,771 per year.
Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 15th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas A & M University graduated 137 students from its sociology programs. Texas A & M University charged in-state students $8,387 in tuition fees per year.
Sociology schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $10,578 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,230 per year, or as little as $1,128 per year. In 2010, the following Texas sociology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Southwestern University - located in Georgetown, students are charged $31,630 per year
The sociology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Grayson County College - located in Denison, students are charged $1,128 per year
- Paris Junior College - located in Paris, students are charged $1,164 per year
- Alvin Community College - located in Alvin, students are charged $1,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in sociology in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sociology in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Texas
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Texas
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||1,290||$78,820||11.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Texas