There are schools offering software engineering degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Software Engineering Programs in Texas
Texas Tech University, which is located in Lubbock, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a software engineering program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas Tech University graduated 4 students from its software engineering program. Texas Tech University charged in-state students $6,970 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a software engineering program is The University of Texas at Dallas, which is located in Richardson. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 77 students graduated with degree in software engineering from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2010. Tuition at The University of Texas at Dallas was $9,886 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a software engineering program is St Marys University. St Marys University, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in San Antonio. In 2010, St Marys University graduated 6 students from its software engineering programs. Tuition at St Marys University was $22,576 per year.
Tuition at Texas' software engineering schools ranges from $37,230 per year to $6,970 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,284 per year. In 2010, the following Texas software engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- St Marys University - located in San Antonio, students are charged $22,576 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas software engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Texas Tech University - located in Lubbock, students are charged $6,970 per year
- The University of Texas at Arlington - located in Arlington, students are charged $8,500 per year
- The University of Texas at Dallas - located in Richardson, students are charged $9,886 per year
The software engineers with highest average salaries in Texas were:
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in software engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as software engineering or game development.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering in Texas
- Master's Degree in Software Engineering in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Software Engineering in Texas
Curious what studying Software Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer software engineers, systems software||35,250||$94,730|
|Computer software engineers, applications||34,260||$91,520|
|Computer specialists, all other||8,410||$77,030|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are software engineering related jobs in Texas