There are schools offering sonography programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a sonography program is The Academy of Health Care Professions. The Academy of Health Care Professions, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Houston. 31 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from The Academy of Health Care Professions in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a sonography program is The Academy of Health Care Professions, which is located in San Antonio. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 42 students graduated with certificate in sonography from The Academy of Health Care Professions in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a sonography program is Southwest Career College. Southwest Career College, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in El Paso. Students at Southwest Career College paid $12,500 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' sonography schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,930 per year, though tuition can range from $25,782 per year to $1,200 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas sonography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Houston, students are charged $25,782 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Dallas, students are charged $15,306 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $13,068 per year
The following Texas sonography schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Alvin Community College - located in Alvin, students are charged $1,220 per year
- El Centro College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,230 per year
A sonography certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sonography school in Texas go on to work as a sonographer. In 2010, there were 3,420 sonographers working in Texas. The Texas counties with the largest populations of sonographers are:
- Austin County - 880 sonographers
- Collin County - 610 sonographers
- Bastrop County - 310 sonographers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of sonographers is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,060 sonographers working in the Texas then.
On average, sonographers earn $61,910 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas sonographers earned as little as less than $36,300 per year or as much as more than $96,840 per year. A sonographer in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Callahan County - $76,430 per year
- Johnson County - $66,530 per year
- Collin County - $65,300 per year
On average, sonographers earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Anderson County - $55,010 per year
- Calhoun County - $55,660 per year
- Hardin County - $55,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in sonography in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or sonography, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in Texas
- Certificate in Sonography in Texas
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||3,420||$61,910||31.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in Texas