There are schools offering speech therapy programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a speech therapy program. It is located in Austin. In 2010, 121 students graduated from The University of Texas at Austin's speech therapy program. Students at The University of Texas at Austin paid $9,418 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Christian University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a speech therapy program. It is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, Texas Christian University graduated 31 students from its speech therapy program. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
The University of Texas at Dallas, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a speech therapy program. It is located in Richardson. In 2010, 153 students graduated from The University of Texas at Dallas speech therapy program. Tuition at The University of Texas at Dallas was $9,886 per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas speech therapy school, average tuition will be $10,852 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,562 per year to $30,090 per year. The Texas speech therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The following Texas speech therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- San Antonio College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $1,562 per year
- The University of Texas-Pan American - located in Edinburg, students are charged $4,795 per year
- Texas A & M International University - located in Laredo, students are charged $5,105 per year
A speech therapy degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas speech therapy graduates become speech therapists. If you decide to work as a speech therapist in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,330 Texas speech therapists as of 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of speech therapists work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 350 speech therapists
- Collin County - 290 speech therapists
- Atascosa County - 80 speech therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of speech therapists in the state of Texas will grow to 2,520. This would require a 19% growth in the profession.
A speech therapist in Texas earns $50,170 per year on average. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for speech therapists:
- Johnson County - $56,080 per year
- Atascosa County - $54,400 per year
- Austin County - $54,060 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for speech therapists are:
- Collin County - $46,340 per year
- Anderson County - $47,320 per year
- Bastrop County - $53,220 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in speech therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as speech therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Speech Therapy in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in Texas
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in Texas
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in Texas