There are schools offering theology degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Theology Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a theology program is The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from The University of Texas at Austin's theology program. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
Rice University, which is located in Houston, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a theology program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Rice University graduated 14 students from its theology program. The tuition rate at Rice University was $33,771 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a theology program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Texas Christian University theology program. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
Theology schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $15,660 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,230 per year, or as little as $1,176 per year. In 2010, the theology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Southwestern University - located in Georgetown, students are charged $31,630 per year
The following Texas theology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Kilgore College - located in Kilgore, students are charged $1,176 per year
- Amarillo College - located in Amarillo, students are charged $1,506 per year
- Clarendon College - located in Clarendon, students are charged $1,992 per year
A theology degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas theology graduates become theologists. In 2010, there were 1,370 theologists working in Texas. The largest populations of Texas theologists are working in the following counties:
- Collin County - 230 theologists
- Austin County - 210 theologists
- Atascosa County - 170 theologists
On average, a theologist earns a salary of $66,010 per year in Texas state. However, this number is only an average. theologists in Texas had varying salaries from $20,290 to $152,580 per year in 2010. A theologist in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bastrop County - $105,210 per year
- Austin County - $67,520 per year
- Callahan County - $66,160 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for theologists are:
- Anderson County - $44,970 per year
- Johnson County - $55,130 per year
- Collin County - $57,200 per year
For more data regarding a career in theology in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as theology or christian counseling, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Theology in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology in Texas
- Master's Degree in Theology in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Theology in Texas
Curious what studying Theology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary||1,370||$66,010||34.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are theology related jobs in Texas