There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Utah!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Utah
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Utah graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 173 administrative assistants graduate from Utah's 14 administrative assistant schools each year.
Mountainland Applied Technology College, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Orem. 16 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Mountainland Applied Technology College in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Utah that has a administrative assistant program is Utah State University. Utah State University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Logan. Students at Utah State University paid $4,828 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Utah with a administrative assistant program is Bridgerland Applied Technology College, which is located in Logan. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Bridgerland Applied Technology College administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Bridgerland Applied Technology College was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Utah administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $3,755 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,670 per year to $16,289 per year. In 2010, the following Utah administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Everest College-West Valley City - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $16,289 per year
- Provo College - located in Provo, students are charged $14,346 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
The following Utah administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Latter-day Saints Business College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,900 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Utah school... what next?
A large number of Utah administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. In 2010, there were 8,110 administrative assistants working in Utah. The following counties have the largest number of Utah administrative assistants:
- Salt Lake County - 4,920 administrative assistants
- Juab County - 1,110 administrative assistants
- Davis County - 1,080 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 12,360 administrative assistants will be working in Utah state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 21%.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $40,040 per year in Utah state. However, Utah administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,950 per year to more than $58,340 per year in 2010. An administrative assistant in the following Utah counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Salt Lake County - $40,680 per year
- Davis County - $40,470 per year
- Carbon County - $40,240 per year
The following counties in Utah have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Washington County - $36,000 per year
- Millard County - $36,930 per year
- Franklin County - $37,950 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Utah
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Utah
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||25,350||$24,700||6.3%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||23,200||$28,880||94.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||8,110||$40,040||-9.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Utah