There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Utah!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Utah
Snow College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Ephraim. 2 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Snow College in 2010. The tuition rate at Snow College was $2,542 per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a dental hygienist program is Weber State University, which is located in Ogden. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 31 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Weber State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Weber State University was $4,311 per year.
Salt Lake Community College, which is located in Salt Lake City, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 32 students graduated from Salt Lake Community College dental hygienist program. Salt Lake Community College charged in-state students $2,932 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Utah dental hygienist school, average tuition will be $4,817 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,542 per year to $16,160 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fortis College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $16,160 per year
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
- Utah Valley University - located in Orem, students are charged $4,288 per year
The dental hygienist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Dixie State College of Utah - located in Saint George, students are charged $3,489 per year
A dental hygienist degree from an Utah school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental hygienist school in Utah go on to work as a dental hygienist. If you decide to work as a dental hygienist in Utah, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,240 Utah dental hygienists as of 2010. The largest populations of Utah dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 910 dental hygienists
- Davis County - 560 dental hygienists
- Juab County - 460 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 54% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,070 dental hygienists working in the Utah then.
A dental hygienist in Utah makes an average of $65,640 per year. However, Utah dental hygienists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $38,610 per year to more than $81,730 per year in 2010. A dental hygienist in the following Utah counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Salt Lake County - $69,170 per year
- Davis County - $66,780 per year
- Juab County - $63,400 per year
A dental hygienist in the following counties in Utah make the lowest salaries on average:
- Zapata County - $46,660 per year
- Carbon County - $49,680 per year
- Washington County - $57,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Utah
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Utah