There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Utah!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Utah
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in New Mexico
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Arizona
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Idaho
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Nevada
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Colorado
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Wyoming
- See All Schools in Utah
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Utah graduates receive degrees in early childhood education. That means an estimated 147 early childhood education professionals graduate from Utah's 11 early childhood education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Utah that has a early childhood education program is Brigham Young University. Brigham Young University, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Provo. 35 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from Brigham Young University in 2010. Brigham Young University charged in-state students $4,420 in tuition fees per year.
Utah State University, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Logan. 20 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Utah State University in 2010. Students at Utah State University paid $4,828 per year in tuition fees.
Southern Utah University, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Cedar City. In 2010, Southern Utah University graduated 1 students from its early childhood education programs. Southern Utah University charged in-state students $4,736 in tuition fees per year.
Early childhood education schools in Utah, charge students an average tuition of $6,006 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $25,980 per year, or as little as $2,542 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westminster College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $25,980 per year
- Western Governors University - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $5,870 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
The following Utah early childhood education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
An early childhood education degree from an Utah school... what next?
Many Utah early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. In 2010, there were 15,800 early childhood education professional working in Utah, including 1,190 preschool teachers, 550 kindergarten teachers, and 13,900 elementary school teachers. The following counties have the largest number of Utah early childhood education professionals:
- Salt Lake County - 6,090 early childhood education professionals
- Davis County - 2,870 early childhood education professionals
- Juab County - 2,360 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Utah will grow to 20,160. This would require a 32% growth in the field.
early childhood education professionals in Utah earn $36,205 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Utah early childhood education professional earned as little as less than $15,520 per year or as much as more than $72,830 per year. The counties in Utah with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Zapata County - $62,930 per year
- Millard County - $48,230 per year
- Box Elder County - $43,400 per year
The following counties in Utah have the lowest average salaries for early childhood education professional:
- Franklin County - $34,010 per year
- Davis County - $35,650 per year
- Juab County - $36,105 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Utah were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $46,270 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,120 per year
- Preschool Director - $34,980 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Utah were:
- Preschool Director - $34,980 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $23,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Utah
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Utah
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||13,900||$46,270||25.5%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||1,190||$23,450||-39.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||550||$40,120||-50.5%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||160||$34,980||-38.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Utah