There are schools offering education degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Utah
The top-ranked school in Utah that has a education program is University of Utah. University of Utah, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, University of Utah graduated 124 students from its education program. University of Utah charged in-state students $6,272 in tuition fees per year.
Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a education program. It received a ranking of 56th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 568 students graduated from Brigham Young University education program. Tuition at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
The third-ranked school in Utah that has a education program is Utah State University. Utah State University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Logan. In 2010, Utah State University graduated 485 students from its education programs. The tuition rate at Utah State University was $4,828 per year.
Tuition at Utah's education schools ranges from $25,980 per year to $2,542 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,386 per year. In 2010, the following Utah education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Westminster College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $25,980 per year
- University of Phoenix-Utah Campus - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $10,680 per year
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
An education degree from an Utah school... what next?
Many Utah education graduates become a postsecondary vocational teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, business teacher, and health specialties teacher. Utah had 26,660 education professionals in 2010. 930 of these education professionals were instructional coordinators, 1,860 were postsecondary vocational teachers, and 580 were postsecondary teachers. The following counties have the largest number of Utah education professionals:
- Salt Lake County - 10,660 education professionals
- Juab County - 4,960 education professionals
- Davis County - 4,080 education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of education professionals in the state of Utah will grow to 29,300. This would require a 31% growth in the field.
education professionals in Utah earn $58,952 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Utah education professional earned as little as less than $19,480 per year or as much as more than $148,840 per year. The following counties in Utah have the highest average salaries for education professionals:
- Juab County - $63,738 per year
- Salt Lake County - $59,100 per year
- Zapata County - $57,765 per year
On average, education professionals earn the least in the following Utah counties:
- Carbon County - $37,260 per year
- Franklin County - $42,550 per year
- Box Elder County - $43,400 per year
On average, the highest paid education professionals in Utah were:
- Computer Science Teacher - $85,260 per year
- Business Teacher - $80,910 per year
- Education Administrator - $78,870 per year
On average, the lowest paid education professionals in Utah were:
- Postsecondary Vocational Teacher - $42,730 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,120 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Utah
- Master's Degree in Education in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Utah
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||13,900||$46,270||25.5%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||5,510||$48,880||38.4%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,860||$42,730||37.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||810||$80,910||52.8%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||610||$58,120||64.9%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||580||$62,920||70.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||550||$40,120||-50.5%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||520||$85,260||36.8%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||420||$63,530||10.5%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||350||$67,040||-36.4%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||310||$78,870|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||250||$44,630|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||60||$51,610||-70.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Utah