There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Utah!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Utah
Each year, approximately 0.4% of Utah graduates receive degrees in educational leadership. Thus, Utah's 8 educational leadership schools put out approximately 367 educational leadership professonals each year.
University of Utah, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Salt Lake City. 36 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from University of Utah in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Utah was $6,272 per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a educational leadership program is Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. 45 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from Brigham Young University in 2010. Brigham Young University charged in-state students $4,420 in tuition fees per year.
Utah State University, which is located in Logan, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. 72 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from Utah State University in 2010. Tuition at Utah State University was $4,828 per year.
Educational leadership schools in Utah, charge students an average tuition of $8,024 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,812 per year, or as little as $4,288 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Argosy University-Salt Lake City - located in Draper, students are charged $19,812 per year
- University of Phoenix-Utah Campus - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $10,680 per year
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Utah Valley University - located in Orem, students are charged $4,288 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Utah school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs educational leadership graduates in Utah pursue include preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. Utah had 2,940 educational leadership professonals in 2010. 1,480 of these educational leadership professonals were middle school principals, 160 were preschool directors, and 990 were deans. The following counties have the largest number of Utah educational leadership professonals:
- Salt Lake County - 1,050 educational leadership professonals
- Juab County - 770 educational leadership professonals
- Davis County - 350 educational leadership professonals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of educational leadership professonals is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,350 educational leadership professonals working in Utah then. Of these 4,350 educational leadership professonals, the government predicts that 2,110 will be middle school principals, 280 will be preschool directors, and 1,400 will be deans.
educational leadership professonals in Utah earn $71,655 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Utah had varying salaries from $24,170 to $138,840 per year in 2010. The following counties in Utah have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Davis County - $87,535 per year
- Washington County - $84,850 per year
- Juab County - $77,790 per year
Educational leadership professonals in the following counties in Utah make the lowest salaries on average:
- Franklin County - $69,530 per year
- Carbon County - $75,790 per year
- Salt Lake County - $76,753 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Utah were:
- Dean - $88,940 per year
- Middle School Principal - $83,830 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $78,870 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Utah were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $78,870 per year
- Preschool Director - $34,980 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Utah
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||1,480||$83,830||10.4%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||990||$88,940||-10.8%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||310||$78,870|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||160||$34,980||-38.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Utah