There are schools offering finance degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Utah
The top-ranked school in Utah that has a finance program is University of Utah. University of Utah, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, University of Utah graduated 185 students from its finance program. University of Utah charged in-state students $6,272 in tuition fees per year.
Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 56th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Brigham Young University graduated 248 students from its finance program. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
The third-ranked school in Utah that has a finance program is Utah State University. Utah State University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Logan. In 2010, 73 students graduated from Utah State University finance program. Tuition at Utah State University was $4,828 per year.
If you choose to attend a Utah finance school, average tuition will be $8,104 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,932 per year to $25,980 per year. In 2010, the following Utah finance schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Westminster College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $25,980 per year
- University of Phoenix-Utah Campus - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $10,680 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah finance schools were charged at the following schools:
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Utah Valley University - located in Orem, students are charged $4,288 per year
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
A finance degree from an Utah school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs finance graduates in Utah pursue include auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent. 22,880 finance professionals were working in Utah in 2010. Of these, 470 were budget analysts. In addition, 9,900 were auditors, and 660 were financial quantitative analysts. The Utah counties with the largest populations of finance professional are:
- Salt Lake County - 14,730 finance professionals
- Davis County - 2,820 finance professionals
- Juab County - 2,360 finance professionals
The government projects that the number of finance professionals in Utah will grow by 26%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 38,140 finance professionals working in Utah. The greatest growth for finance professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Examiners, who are expected to increase by 52% by 2018.
finance professionals in Utah make an average of $67,362 per year. However, Utah finance professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,090 per year to more than $150,760 per year in 2010. The counties in Utah with the highest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Zapata County - $73,993 per year
- Juab County - $72,700 per year
- Washington County - $69,333 per year
The Utah counties with the lowest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Millard County - $48,085 per year
- Franklin County - $52,008 per year
- Box Elder County - $56,290 per year
On average, the highest paid finance professionals in Utah were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $101,410 per year
- Sales Agent - $81,510 per year
- Financial Examiner - $70,200 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in Utah were:
- Loan Officer - $56,030 per year
- Loan Counselor - $46,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in finance and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Finance in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Utah
- Master's Degree in Finance in Utah
- Certificate in Finance in Utah
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,900||$62,930||14.2%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||2,460||$81,510|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||660||$61,060||32.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Utah