There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Utah!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Utah
University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Utah graduated 246 students from its forensic nursing program. Students at University of Utah paid $6,272 per year in tuition fees.
Brigham Young University, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Provo. In 2010, Brigham Young University graduated 106 students from its forensic nursing program. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
AmeriTech College, which is located in Draper, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. 112 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from AmeriTech College in 2010. AmeriTech College charged in-state students $22,715 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Utah forensic nursing school, average tuition will be $10,686 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,670 per year to $27,350 per year. In 2010, the forensic nursing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Stevens-Henager College-Ogden - located in Ogden, students are charged $27,350 per year
- Westminster College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $25,980 per year
- AmeriTech College - located in Draper, students are charged $22,715 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Dixie State College of Utah - located in Saint George, students are charged $3,489 per year
A forensic nursing degree from an Utah school... what next?
Most people who graduate from forensic nursing school in Utah go on to work as a forensic nurse. Utah had 90 forensic nurses in 2010. In Utah, the largest numbers of forensic nurses work in the following counties:
The government projects that the number of forensic nurses in Utah will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 420 forensic nurses working in Utah.
A forensic nurse in Utah earns $69,830 per year on average.
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Utah
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Utah
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||2,100||$92,590||13.5%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||120||$42,920||33.3%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||90||$69,830||-50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Utah