There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Utah
University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from University of Utah in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Utah was $6,272 per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a graphic design program is Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, Brigham Young University graduated 15 students from its graphic design program. Brigham Young University charged in-state students $4,420 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Utah that has a graphic design program is Stevens-Henager College-Ogden. Stevens-Henager College-Ogden, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Ogden. In 2010, Stevens-Henager College-Ogden graduated 5 students from its graphic design programs. Students at Stevens-Henager College-Ogden paid $27,350 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Utah's graphic design schools ranges from $27,350 per year to $2,670 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,450 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Stevens-Henager College-Ogden - located in Ogden, students are charged $27,350 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Murray - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $18,048 per year
- The Art Institute of Salt Lake City - located in Draper, students are charged $17,488 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Dixie State College of Utah - located in Saint George, students are charged $3,489 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
A graphic design degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Utah pursue careers as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Utah, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,210 Utah graphic designers as of 2010. In Utah, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 1,280 graphic designers
- Juab County - 400 graphic designers
- Davis County - 290 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Utah will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,160 graphic designers working in Utah.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $41,990 per year in Utah state. However, Utah graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,450 per year to more than $77,460 per year in 2010. A graphic designer in the following Utah counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Juab County - $46,300 per year
- Washington County - $43,700 per year
- Salt Lake County - $41,900 per year
On average, graphic designers earns the least in the following Utah counties:
- Franklin County - $35,320 per year
- Davis County - $40,710 per year
- Salt Lake County - $41,900 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Utah
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Utah
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Utah