There are schools offering mechanical engineering degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Mechanical Engineering Programs in Utah
The top-ranked school in Utah that has a mechanical engineering program is University of Utah. University of Utah, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, 190 students graduated from University of Utah's mechanical engineering program. University of Utah charged in-state students $6,272 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah that has a mechanical engineering program is Brigham Young University. Brigham Young University, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Provo. In 2010, 173 students graduated from Brigham Young University mechanical engineering program. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
Utah State University, which is located in Logan, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a mechanical engineering program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Utah State University graduated 98 students from its mechanical engineering programs. The tuition rate at Utah State University was $4,828 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Utah's mechanical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,218 per year, though tuition can range from $6,272 per year to $2,542 per year. The Utah mechanical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah mechanical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
A mechanical engineering degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of mechanical engineering graduates in Utah pursue careers as a mechanical engineer. Utah had 2,810 mechanical engineers in 2010. In Utah, the largest numbers of mechanical engineers work in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 1,290 mechanical engineers
- Davis County - 700 mechanical engineers
- Juab County - 480 mechanical engineers
The government projects that the number of mechanical engineers in Utah will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,170 mechanical engineers working in Utah.
A mechanical engineer in Utah earns $76,560 per year on average. However, Utah mechanical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $48,500 per year to more than $114,020 per year in 2010. The counties in Utah with the highest average salary for a mechanical engineer are:
- Davis County - $82,640 per year
- Box Elder County - $81,980 per year
- Juab County - $80,250 per year
On average, mechanical engineers earns the least in the following Utah counties:
- Salt Lake County - $71,110 per year
- Franklin County - $72,290 per year
- Carbon County - $75,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in mechanical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or mechanical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Utah
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Utah
Curious what studying Mechanical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||730||$78,740||30.4%|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians||500||$48,050||-30.6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other||460||$59,010||17.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are mechanical engineering related jobs in Utah