There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Utah!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Utah
University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 40 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from University of Utah in 2010. University of Utah charged in-state students $6,272 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a medical assistant program is Stevens-Henager College of Business-Provo, which is located in Orem. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. 38 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Stevens-Henager College of Business-Provo in 2010. Students at Stevens-Henager College of Business-Provo paid $14,867 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Utah with a medical assistant program is Mountainland Applied Technology College, which is located in Orem. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, Mountainland Applied Technology College graduated 72 students from its medical assistant programs. The tuition rate at Mountainland Applied Technology College was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Utah's medical assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,399 per year, though tuition can range from $27,350 per year to $2,670 per year. In 2010, the following Utah medical assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Stevens-Henager College-Ogden - located in Ogden, students are charged $27,350 per year
- Stevens-Henager College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $17,400 per year
- Everest College-West Valley City - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $16,289 per year
The medical assistant schools in Utah that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Latter-day Saints Business College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,900 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Utah pursue careers as a medical assistant. If you decide to work as a medical assistant in Utah, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,690 Utah medical assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Utah medical assistants:
- Salt Lake County - 2,620 medical assistants
- Davis County - 1,060 medical assistants
- Juab County - 1,050 medical assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,140 medical assistants will be working in Utah state. This would require the number of medical assistants to grow by 53%.
On average, a medical assistant earns a salary of $27,630 per year in Utah state. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $19,600 per year or as much as more than $45,590 per year in Utah. The counties in Utah with the highest average salary for a medical assistant are:
- Carbon County - $30,070 per year
- Salt Lake County - $29,080 per year
- Zapata County - $28,440 per year
The following counties in Utah have the lowest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Franklin County - $23,710 per year
- Box Elder County - $24,770 per year
- Davis County - $25,770 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Utah and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Utah
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Utah
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Utah
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Utah