There are schools offering medical coding classess in Utah!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Utah
Mountainland Applied Technology College, which is located in Orem, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in medical coding from Mountainland Applied Technology College in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a medical coding program is Broadview University, which is located in West Jordan. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Broadview University medical coding program. Tuition at Broadview University was $14,760 per year.
Bridgerland Applied Technology College, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a medical coding program. It is located in Logan. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Bridgerland Applied Technology College medical coding program. Students at Bridgerland Applied Technology College paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Utah medical coding school, average tuition will be $8,137 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,900 per year to $16,160 per year. In 2010, the following Utah medical coding schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Fortis College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $16,160 per year
- Broadview University-Layton - located in Layton, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Broadview University - located in West Jordan, students are charged $14,760 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah medical coding schools were charged at the following schools:
- Latter-day Saints Business College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,900 per year
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
- Eagle Gate College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $13,609 per year
A medical coding certificate from an Utah school... what next?
A large number of Utah medical coding graduates become medical coders. Utah had 1,730 medical coders in 2010. The largest populations of Utah medical coders are working in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 1,100 medical coders
- Juab County - 200 medical coders
- Davis County - 190 medical coders
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical coders in the state of Utah will grow to 2,430. This would require a 36% growth in the profession.
A medical coder in Utah earns $31,440 per year on average. However, Utah medical coders earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,410 per year to more than $50,130 per year in 2010. The following counties in Utah have the highest average salaries for medical coders:
- Davis County - $33,700 per year
- Franklin County - $32,190 per year
- Salt Lake County - $31,720 per year
A medical coder in the following counties in Utah make the lowest salaries on average:
- Washington County - $27,990 per year
- Juab County - $30,150 per year
- Carbon County - $30,200 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical coding in Utah and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Utah
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Utah
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||1,730||$31,440||-41.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Utah