There are schools offering paralegal programs in Utah!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Utah
Broadview University, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a paralegal program. It is located in West Jordan. 8 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Broadview University in 2010. Broadview University charged in-state students $14,760 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a paralegal program is Southern Utah University, which is located in Cedar City. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Southern Utah University paralegal program. Southern Utah University charged in-state students $4,736 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Utah with a paralegal program is ITT Technical Institute-Murray, which is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Murray paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Utah's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,904 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,932 per year. The Utah paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Murray - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Everest College-West Valley City - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $16,289 per year
- Broadview University-Layton - located in Layton, students are charged $15,660 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Utah Valley University - located in Orem, students are charged $4,288 per year
- Southern Utah University - located in Cedar City, students are charged $4,736 per year
A paralegal degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Utah pursue careers as a paralegal. If you decide to work as a paralegal in Utah, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,840 Utah paralegals as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Utah paralegals:
- Salt Lake County - 1,160 paralegals
- Juab County - 270 paralegals
- Davis County - 270 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Utah will grow to 2,200. This would require a 35% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in Utah earns $40,450 per year on average. But, salaries for paralegals can vary. In 2010, paralegals made as little as less than $24,390 per year or as much as more than $60,950 per year in Utah. A paralegal in the following Utah counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Salt Lake County - $42,230 per year
- Juab County - $40,660 per year
- Washington County - $38,160 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following Utah counties:
- Carbon County - $33,250 per year
- Davis County - $34,340 per year
- Franklin County - $35,900 per year
For more data regarding a career in paralegal studies in Utah and to compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Utah
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Utah
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||1,840||$40,450||67.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Utah