There are schools offering personal training certifications in Utah!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Utah
The top-ranked school in Utah with a personal training program is University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, 18 students graduated from University of Utah's personal training program. Students at University of Utah paid $6,272 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a personal training program is Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Brigham Young University personal training program. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
The third-ranked school in Utah that has a personal training program is Southern Utah University. Southern Utah University, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Cedar City. 13 students graduated with degree in personal training from Southern Utah University in 2010. Students at Southern Utah University paid $4,736 per year in tuition fees.
Personal training schools in Utah, charge students an average tuition of $8,009 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,346 per year, or as little as $4,311 per year. In 2010, the following Utah personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Provo College - located in American Fork, students are charged $14,346 per year
- Eagle Gate College - located in Layton, students are charged $13,967 per year
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
The personal training schools in Utah that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
- Southern Utah University - located in Cedar City, students are charged $4,736 per year
A personal training degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Utah pursue careers as a personal trainer. Utah had 1,910 personal trainers in 2010. The Utah counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Salt Lake County - 770 personal trainers
- Davis County - 570 personal trainers
- Juab County - 320 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 38% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,460 personal trainers working in the Utah then.
A personal trainer in Utah makes an average of $33,200 per year. But, salaries for personal trainers can vary. In 2010, personal trainers made as little as less than $15,470 per year or as much as more than $61,130 per year in Utah. The following counties in Utah have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Salt Lake County - $36,390 per year
- Davis County - $35,480 per year
- Juab County - $30,080 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Utah make the lowest salaries on average:
- Franklin County - $19,510 per year
- Washington County - $21,290 per year
- Juab County - $30,080 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in personal training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Utah
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Utah
- Certificate in Personal Training in Utah
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||1,910||$33,200||21.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Utah