There are schools offering social work degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Utah
University of Utah, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a social work program. It is located in Salt Lake City. 207 students graduated with a degree in social work from University of Utah in 2010. Students at University of Utah paid $6,272 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a social work program is Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, 91 students graduated from Brigham Young University social work program. Students at Brigham Young University paid $4,420 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Utah with a social work program is Utah State University, which is located in Logan. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 77 students graduated with degree in social work from Utah State University in 2010. Students at Utah State University paid $4,828 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Utah's social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,996 per year, though tuition can range from $6,272 per year to $2,542 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah social work schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
The social work schools in Utah that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
A social work degree from an Utah school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Utah go on to work as a social worker. In 2010, there were 980 social workers working in Utah. The following counties have the largest number of Utah social workers:
- Salt Lake County - 530 social workers
- Juab County - 170 social workers
- Davis County - 140 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Utah will grow by 42%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,570 social workers working in Utah.
A social worker in Utah makes an average of $50,150 per year. However, Utah social workers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,420 per year to more than $67,300 per year in 2010. On average a social worker earns the most in the following Utah counties:
- Washington County - $51,080 per year
- Salt Lake County - $50,740 per year
- Juab County - $48,640 per year
The following counties in Utah have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Franklin County - $45,280 per year
- Davis County - $48,300 per year
- Juab County - $48,640 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Utah and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Utah
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Utah
- Certificate in Social Work in Utah
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||1,160||$37,800||-42.0%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||980||$50,150||0.0%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||870||$39,600||-46.3%|
|Social Workers, All Other||590||$42,730||1080.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Utah