There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Utah
University of Utah, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Salt Lake City. 18 students graduated with a degree in sports medicine from University of Utah in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Utah was $6,272 per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah that has a sports medicine program is Brigham Young University. Brigham Young University, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Provo. 21 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Brigham Young University in 2010. Brigham Young University charged in-state students $4,420 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Utah with a sports medicine program is Southern Utah University, which is located in Cedar City. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 13 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Southern Utah University in 2010. Tuition at Southern Utah University was $4,736 per year.
Sports medicine schools in Utah, charge students an average tuition of $8,009 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,346 per year, or as little as $4,311 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- Provo College - located in American Fork, students are charged $14,346 per year
- Eagle Gate College - located in Layton, students are charged $13,967 per year
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
The sports medicine schools in Utah that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
- Southern Utah University - located in Cedar City, students are charged $4,736 per year
A sports medicine degree from an Utah school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs sports medicine graduates in Utah pursue include sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. In 2010, there were 6,250 sports medicine professional working in Utah, including 2,440 sports medicine physicians, sports medicine coordinator s, and 350 physical therapy professors. The largest populations of Utah sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 3,530 sports medicine professionals
- Juab County - 930 sports medicine professionals
- Davis County - 760 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that the number of sports medicine professionals in Utah will grow by 47%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,100 sports medicine professionals working in Utah. The greatest growth for sports medicine professional is predicted to be amongst Physical Therapist Assistants, who are expected to increase by 61% by 2018.
sports medicine professionals in Utah earn $76,468 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Sports medicine professional in Utah had varying salaries from $16,130 to $135,370 per year in 2010. The following counties in Utah have the highest average salaries for sports medicine professionals:
- Carbon County - $169,290 per year
- Millard County - $147,130 per year
- Box Elder County - $112,220 per year
On average, sports medicine professionals earn the least in the following Utah counties:
- Juab County - $74,712 per year
- Salt Lake County - $79,946 per year
- Washington County - $81,415 per year
On average, the highest paid sports medicine professionals in Utah were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $184,280 per year
- Physical Therapist - $71,920 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $67,040 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Utah were:
- Physical Therapist Assistant - $37,510 per year
- Coach - $33,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports medicine in Utah and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Utah
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Utah
- Certificate in Sports Medicine in Utah
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,440||$184,280||238.9%|
|Coaches and Scouts||1,900||$33,530||134.6%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||380||$37,510||52.0%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||350||$67,040||-36.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Utah