There are schools offering business administration degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Virginia
- Business Administration Degrees in Delaware
- Business Administration Degrees in Pennsylvania
- Business Administration Degrees in Washington DC
- Business Administration Degrees in North Carolina
- Business Administration Degrees in Maryland
- Business Administration Degrees in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Each year, approximately 4.7% of Virginia graduates receive degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 8,961 general managers graduate from Virginia's 86 business administration schools.
University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 10th in the country in 2010. 390 students graduated with a degree in business administration from University of Virginia-Main Campus in 2010. University of Virginia-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,828 in tuition fees per year.
College of William and Mary, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a business administration program. It is located in Williamsburg. 409 students graduated with degree in business administration from College of William and Mary in 2010. Students at College of William and Mary paid $12,188 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a business administration program is Washington and Lee University. Washington and Lee University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. In 2010, 90 students graduated from Washington and Lee University business administration program. Washington and Lee University charged in-state students $40,387 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Virginia's business administration schools ranges from $45,628 per year to $2,616 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,784 per year. The Virginia business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Vienna, students are charged $45,628 per year
- University of Richmond - located in University Of Richmond, students are charged $41,610 per year
- Washington and Lee University - located in Lexington, students are charged $40,387 per year
The following Virginia business administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Mountain Empire Community College - located in Big Stone Gap, students are charged $2,652 per year
- New River Community College - located in Dublin, students are charged $2,677 per year
A business administration degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a general manager. Virginia had 51,920 general managers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia general managers:
- Chesapeake County - 8,560 general managers
- Caroline County - 8,550 general managers
- Botetourt County - 1,820 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Virginia will grow by 5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 52,060 general managers working in Virginia.
On average, general managers earn $122,420 per year. However, Virginia general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,830 per year to more than $152,780 per year in 2010. The counties in Virginia with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Caroline County - $113,690 per year
- Albemarle County - $111,380 per year
- Chesapeake County - $109,080 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Brunswick County - $79,680 per year
- Buchanan County - $81,740 per year
- Alleghany County - $84,950 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Virginia
- Certificate in Business Administration in Virginia
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,920||$122,420||56.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||4,350||$85,510||13.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Virginia