There are schools offering business degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a business program is University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. In 2010, University of Virginia-Main Campus graduated 938 students from its business program. University of Virginia-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,828 in tuition fees per year.
College of William and Mary, which is located in Williamsburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a business program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 463 students graduated from College of William and Mary business program. College of William and Mary charged in-state students $12,188 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a business program is Washington and Lee University, which is located in Lexington. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, Washington and Lee University graduated 129 students from its business programs. Tuition at Washington and Lee University was $40,387 per year.
If you choose to attend a Virginia business school, average tuition will be $14,139 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,616 per year to $45,628 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Virginia business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Vienna, students are charged $45,628 per year
- University of Richmond - located in University Of Richmond, students are charged $41,610 per year
- Washington and Lee University - located in Lexington, students are charged $40,387 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Mountain Empire Community College - located in Big Stone Gap, students are charged $2,652 per year
- New River Community College - located in Dublin, students are charged $2,677 per year
A business degree from a Virginia school... what next?
business graduates in Virginia can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Virginia had 189,960 business professionals in 2010. 44,270 of these business professionals were business analysts, 6,430 were chief executive officers, and 51,920 were operations managers. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Caroline County - 31,480 business professionals
- Chesapeake County - 28,970 business professionals
- Botetourt County - 5,090 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of Virginia will grow to 249,810. This would require a 20% growth in the field.
business professionals in Virginia earn $89,359 per year on average. However, Virginia business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,670 per year to more than $164,700 per year in 2010. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Frederick County - $91,499 per year
- Caroline County - $85,499 per year
- Albemarle County - $84,305 per year
The Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Danville County - $64,116 per year
- Brunswick County - $69,581 per year
- Buchanan County - $70,247 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $188,740 per year
- Operations Manager - $122,420 per year
- Financial Manager - $121,270 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $57,910 per year
- Credit Counselor - $40,120 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Business in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Virginia
- Certificate in Business in Virginia
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,920||$122,420||56.2%|
|Accountants and Auditors||33,990||$72,540||1.7%|
|Administrative Services Managers||4,350||$85,510||13.3%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,800||$70,800||18.1%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||2,700||$96,040||-13.7%|
|Human Resources Managers||2,010||$118,140|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Virginia