There are schools offering communications degreess in Virginia!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Virginia
Around 0.9% of Virginia's graduates graduate from communications degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,759 communications professionals graduate from Virginia's 23 communications schools.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 220 students graduated with a degree in communications from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
James Madison University, which is located in Harrisonburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 352 students graduated with degree in communications from James Madison University in 2010. James Madison University charged in-state students $7,860 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a communications program is Virginia Commonwealth University, which is located in Richmond. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 339 students graduated with degree in communications from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2010. Students at Virginia Commonwealth University paid $8,817 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Virginia's communications schools ranges from $29,905 per year to $3,030 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,209 per year. The Virginia communications schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lynchburg College - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $29,905 per year
- Hollins University - located in Roanoke, students are charged $29,485 per year
- Randolph College - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $29,254 per year
The communications schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Danville Community College - located in Danville, students are charged $3,030 per year
- Norfolk State University - located in Norfolk, students are charged $6,327 per year
- Virginia State University - located in Petersburg, students are charged $6,570 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Communications in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Virginia
- Certificate in Communications in Virginia
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||2,740||$56,570||-10.5%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||2,670||$25,400||52.6%|
|Writers and Authors||1,410||$61,600||3.7%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||1,080||$42,290||9.1%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||690||$37,000||-29.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Virginia