There are schools offering computer networking courses in Virginia!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Virginia
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Virginia receive computer networking degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 457 computer network administrators graduate from Virginia's 16 computer networking schools.
The top-ranked school in Virginia that has a computer networking program is ITT Technical Institute-Springfield. ITT Technical Institute-Springfield, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Springfield. 80 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from ITT Technical Institute-Springfield in 2010. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Springfield was $18,048 per year.
National College-Salem, which is located in Salem, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 61 students graduated with degree in computer networking from National College-Salem in 2010. The tuition rate at National College-Salem was $10,489 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a computer networking program. It is located in Chantilly. In 2010, 65 students graduated from ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly computer networking program. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly was $18,048 per year.
Computer networking schools in Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $20,318 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $45,628 per year, or as little as $10,489 per year. The Virginia computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Vienna, students are charged $45,628 per year
- Centura College - located in Newport News, students are charged $27,147 per year
- Centura College - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $27,147 per year
The computer networking schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- National College-Salem - located in Salem, students are charged $10,489 per year
- University of Phoenix-Northern Virginia Campus - located in Reston, students are charged $11,880 per year
- Westwood College-Arlington Ballston - located in Arlington, students are charged $14,575 per year
A computer networking degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer networking graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a computer network administrator. Virginia had 18,730 computer network administrators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia computer network administrators:
- Chesapeake County - 2,170 computer network administrators
- Caroline County - 1,920 computer network administrators
- Albemarle County - 310 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Virginia will grow by 39%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 25,630 computer network administrators working in Virginia.
A computer network administrator in Virginia makes an average of $81,180 per year. The counties in Virginia with the highest average salary for a computer network administrator are:
- Accomack County - $76,290 per year
- Caroline County - $75,660 per year
- Frederick County - $73,950 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Danville County - $52,800 per year
- Alleghany County - $56,130 per year
- Brunswick County - $60,230 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in computer networking. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Virginia
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||350||$69,860||75.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Virginia