There are schools offering design programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia that has a design program is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University graduated 49 students from its design program. Tuition at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
Virginia Commonwealth University, which is located in Richmond, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a design program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Virginia Commonwealth University graduated 267 students from its design program. Tuition at Virginia Commonwealth University was $8,817 per year.
Emory and Henry College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a design program. It is located in Emory. 0 students graduated with degree in design from Emory and Henry College in 2010. The tuition rate at Emory and Henry College was $26,000 per year.
Design schools in Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $14,469 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $45,628 per year, or as little as $2,998 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Virginia design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Vienna, students are charged $45,628 per year
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
- Emory and Henry College - located in Emory, students are charged $26,000 per year
The design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- Tidewater Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $3,212 per year
- Thomas Nelson Community College - located in Hampton, students are charged $3,262 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Design in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Design in Virginia
- Certificate in Design in Virginia
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||410||$56,740||-44.6%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||270||$46,760||-15.6%|
|Designers, All Other||180||$44,120||-55.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Virginia