There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Virginia!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Virginia
- Educational Leadership Programs in Delaware
- Educational Leadership Programs in Pennsylvania
- Educational Leadership Programs in Washington DC
- Educational Leadership Programs in North Carolina
- Educational Leadership Programs in Maryland
- Educational Leadership Programs in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Approximately 1.0% of graduates in of Virginia receive educational leadership degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,872 educational leadership professonals graduate from Virginia's 24 educational leadership schools.
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a educational leadership program is University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. In 2010, University of Virginia-Main Campus graduated 248 students from its educational leadership program. The tuition rate at University of Virginia-Main Campus was $10,828 per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia that has a educational leadership program is College of William and Mary. College of William and Mary, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in Williamsburg. In 2010, 92 students graduated from College of William and Mary educational leadership program. Students at College of William and Mary paid $12,188 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a educational leadership program is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University graduated 259 students from its educational leadership programs. The tuition rate at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
Tuition at Virginia's educational leadership schools ranges from $41,610 per year to $6,214 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,164 per year. In 2010, the following Virginia educational leadership schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Richmond - located in University Of Richmond, students are charged $41,610 per year
- Sweet Briar College - located in Sweet Briar, students are charged $30,195 per year
- Lynchburg College - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $29,905 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Virginia educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Old Dominion University - located in Norfolk, students are charged $6,214 per year
- Virginia State University - located in Petersburg, students are charged $6,570 per year
- Radford University - located in Radford, students are charged $7,694 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Virginia school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in Virginia can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. Virginia had 12,180 educational leadership professonals in 2010. 6,700 of these educational leadership professonals were middle school principals, 1,220 were preschool directors, and 3,250 were deans. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia educational leadership professonals:
- Chesapeake County - 2,480 educational leadership professonals
- Caroline County - 1,800 educational leadership professonals
- Botetourt County - 430 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in Virginia will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 13,650 educational leadership professonals working in Virginia. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Distance Learning Coordinators, who are expected to increase by 31% by 2018.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $80,768 per year. But, salaries for educational leadership professonal can vary. In 2010, educational leadership professonal made as little as less than $25,560 per year or as much as more than $159,860 per year in Virginia. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Botetourt County - $110,850 per year
- Albemarle County - $86,225 per year
- Danville County - $85,070 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Giles County - $50,930 per year
- Buchanan County - $68,117 per year
- Alleghany County - $70,157 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $96,760 per year
- Dean - $93,420 per year
- Middle School Principal - $88,250 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Middle School Principal - $88,250 per year
- Preschool Director - $44,640 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Virginia
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||6,700||$88,250||11.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||3,250||$93,420||52.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,220||$44,640||41.9%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||1,010||$96,760||-16.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Virginia